Jay Cappy is the President and CTO of NextUs Consulting, LLC. He is an accomplished executive with a proven ability to develop and implement business process engineering and enterprise architecture strategies that support business and financial objectives. Jay has led key initiatives that reduced the operating budget by millions of dollars through cost take out and cost avoidance initiatives. Jay is recognized as an expert in applying technical concepts to key business decisions.
Jay is also a respected leader that can build highly motivated management teams focused on achieving his client’s goals and objectives. He has served as a trusted advisor to the C-level business executives, building committed, lasting and strategic relationships. Jay also keeps up to date with changes in the industry and technology through continuing professional development.
His area of expertise is:
- Managing large scale programs and projects
- Strategic/Tactical Planning and Transformation for highly technical programs and projects
- Analytical and Financial Skills
- Business Process Reengineering, Modeling, Simulation, and ROI Analysis
- Multimillion-Dollar Operating and Capital Budget Administration
- IT Governance
- Business Intelligence
- Enterprise and Application Architecture
- Hybrid Cloud
- Global Delivery
Jay is a high impact, results-oriented professional with over 25+ years in many industries including but not limited to Telecommunications, Media & Entertainment, Automotive, Energy & Utilities, Manufacturing, Retail, Federal, Transportation, Military Electronics, Healthcare. Jay has excellent communication and team building skills at all levels of the organization with the proven ability to lead change in fast-paced, diverse settings in small or large companies. Jay has a strong ability to execute, effectively identifies key issues and restructures processes to maximize profitability, streamline operations and improve quality. Jay has consistently demonstrated his ability to balance people, process and technology to lead programs and projects to market quickly.
Jay leverages deep knowledge and experience through thought leadership, market presence and creation of business development offerings. He has developed strategies and solved problems based on a well thought out approach to the complex relationship between ideas, functions, and processes. Jay’s applied an understanding of the current industry, technology, issues, and trends of the relevant markets and articulates a point of view to the client to identify risks and develop strategies in a complex environment.
Some Selected Major Program Experience:
- Managed a $500k SOA Governance for a major Entertainment, Media & Communication company that was the start of the application redesign for their billing system
- Managed a $1 Million dollar yearly budget for various projects and programs for upgrades and enhancements to a major Entertainment, Media & Communication company’s back end systems
- Managed a $500k assessment of a major Entertainment, Media & Communication’s back end systems for their Order Entry, Order Management, Provisioning and Activation systems
- Managed an $11 Million dollar program for a major Entertainment, Media & Communication company’s new order entry, order management, provisioning, and activation system
- Managed a multi-million dollar program for a major Entertainment, Media & Communication company’s provisioning, and activation system
- Managed a $1 Million dollar budget to perform an operating strategy, business architecture and application architecture assessment, as it relates to service delivery for a major Entertainment, Media & Communication company. The desired outcome of the project was to define both a future-state business process architecture and application blueprint to make their organization more effective, efficient and nimble in the hosting marketplace.
- Managed a $5 Million dollar budget to implement the Marketing Resource Management Platform solution (“MRM”) for a major Entertainment, Media & Communication company. This implementation is will work across their marketing business units and service organizations providing expanded capabilities to Marketing end-users
- Managed a $10 million dollar budget and 30+ resources to manage the EAI rollout, functional enhancements, Warehouse interfaces, Stress Testing and Conversion teams with responsibility for the completion of the software development for a major retailer.
- Managed a $2 million dollar budget of 8+ resources and 2 vendor relationships to create and deploy a workflow system for a major Entertainment, Media & Communication company to consolidate and automate several manual workflow processes that support the lifecycle management of their hardware assets
- Managed a $4 million dollar budget of 15+ resources and 4 vendor relationships to create and deploy an ERP solution for a major Entertainment, Media & Communication company’s Web Hosting Operations group that will drive efficiencies and enable them to be positioned to take on higher-end services within their data center.
- Managed a $3 million dollar budget of 15+ resources and 2 vendor relationships to implement the EAI architecture to support workflow-based provisioning at the service management layer. We accomplished this by designing, implementing and deploying DSL Bundled Services functionality for new orders for a major Entertainment, Media & Communication company.
- Managed a $2 million dollar budget with 12+ resources and 2 vendor relationships to implement a billing gateway to improve customer management capabilities and operational efficiencies at a major Entertainment, Media & Communication company.